Now, how this venture came about... well I have been thinking for a few months now on how awesome it would be to have... well to be honest... this very idea. An idea of a social media based platform that shares places for 911 to eat. Places that have as our slogan says "Late Hours, Good Deals, Fast Service, and Great Food". As I was cultivating this idea a few weeks ago, the proof of how this platform has its place in our day to day came to me while working with one of our many new recruits. While driving back to the station she says to me "where is a good place to grab lunch, I am new to 'downtown' and I am putting a list of places in my phone...". I almost spit out my coffee. Here I am working on this idea, getting the site going, and brainstorming the avenues to explore with this venture, and the very proof that this is needed is sitting next to me.
Needless to say... I felt pretty validated on this one.
I believe I have mentioned in this post that "we all have our favourite place to eat"... well the reasons for these places to be so liked by each of us fall in many different ways, or a combination of these reasons. Be it the obvious great food, or be it fast service. Maybe they throw in a free drink once and while, or maybe its the safest place to eat at 3am when the other options are a little boring or even a little sketchy. Any of these above reasons are ones that prompt us to share with our friends and colleagues. There are the 'chain' restaurants that we all know, and the hole-in-the-wall shops that may seem sketchy but experienced guests know are absolutely dynamite. So why not promote these vendors for their great service and help each other get a great meal at the same time. Anyway... I hope that you find this platform as exciting as I do, and that we can all stop trading our 'snack-pack' puddings and enjoy a great lunch today. (Sorry for all you newbies who's moms packed you a 'snack-pack' today.)
Jon Harper
Paramedic
Founder and Writer for Emergency Fuel
No comments:
Post a Comment